Research-wise, I have been reading key studies and working on a section to define a concept. Maybe I am struggling a bit with it, over how to structure different definitions of one concept proposed by different authors, and eventually how to logically link discussions to a conceptual framework.
The most striking thing for me is how different each author’s description of the definition is from the others, and how complicated it is to define a concept. I spent long hours consulting some methodological books and making an online search. My progress was quite slow this week, so I am working on it over the weekend to make up for wasted time.
Since I started cooking meals every day and enjoying weekend baking in May, my stress levels have been reduced dramatically. Spending a little time cooking for relaxation makes me feel better and less stressed. Also, I have noticed that once I have taken the first healthy habit, other good habits have grown automatically: I started measuring my body weight and basal body temperature every morning, doing yoga by watching yoga videos at home, and Luca and I just signed up for gym yesterday.
Here’s a list of my healthy daily habits:
- Keep a health diary: weight, basal temperature, mood, etc.
- Make a smoothie for our breakfast
- Clean the house for 30 minutes, so as to spend more time standing and moving rather than sitting at my desk
- Drink water frequently
- Cook meals at home
- Eat a lot of vegetables and fruit
- Do yoga at night for 20 minutes
- Sleep for eight hours
Of these eight items, I did only three last year. Most of them I started doing just two months ago, and they have become indispensable in my life.
My achievements in Week 79
- Read key studies and literature and worked on setting an analytical framework.
- Kicked off my journey into fitness!
Goals for Week 80
- Finish the section defining a concept.
- Transcribe data.
- Exercise for 30 minutes per day.